Sudden Infant Death Services
710 E. Ogden Ave.#550
Naperville, IL 60563
SIDS, Sudden Infant Death Services Illinois is a statewide not-for-profit charitable organization dedicated to supporting family members and others who have been touched by the tragedy of a SIDS or postneonatal infant death, educating the public and professionals about bereavement support and infant mortality reduction, and eliminating Sudden Infant Death Syndrome through the support and implementation of medical research.
Facts and Statistics
Most SIDS deaths, approximately 60%, occur when a baby is between 2 and 4 months of age.
SIDS is sometimes called "crib death�, however, this name does not accurately describe the condition as many babies who die from SIDS are not in a crib.
Reduce the risk of Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS)
- Always place your baby on his or her back to sleep, even for naps.
- Place your baby on a firm mattress, such as in a safety approved crib.
- Remove soft, fluffy bedding and stuffed toys from your baby's sleep area.
- Make sure your baby's head and face remain uncovered during sleep.
- Do not let your baby get too warm during sleep.
- Talk to childcare providers, grandparents, babysitters and all caregivers about SIDS risk.
Fundraising & Administrative Percentage